In collaboration with Intertek, Distrelec is offering a calibration service for new electronic test and measurement instruments. The Intertek calibration service provides the assurance that your instruments perform as stated in the datasheet. Calibration involves comparing the read values of a measuring instrument or data recorder with the corresponding values of a reference tool that meets the reference standards. The measurement error is documented on a calibration certificate, which serves as proof. If the detected deviation is too large in relation to factory specification, adjustment of your data logger or measuring instrument will be required.
The range of this service include, but not limited to:
- Current Clamp Meters
- Data Loggers
- Multimeters (Desktop, Handheld)
- Electrical Testing Instruments
- Modular Measuring Systems
- Oscilloscopes (Desktop, Handheld)
3. How to get the instrument calibrated?
- Please visit our website to find instruments which can be calibrated.
- All measuring devices which can be calibrated have a “+ CAL” note in the specific product title.
- To get the instrument calibrated you need to choose the “+ CAL” version which has its own specific item-nr.
- Search for FLUKE 87.
- You will find two items appearing, one version without a calibration service (item-nr. 176-08-755) and one version including a calibration service (item-nr. 300-32-133).
- The price for the calibration service is already included in the final price for calibrated version.
4. Lead time & Process
Items which are on stock will be shipped out for calibration within 24 hours. Usually the time for the calibration of your device can be handled within 5 working days. This additional time for the calibration should be taken into consideration to your normal delivery time.
- After the order has been placed for the calibrated version, the non-calibrated device will be sent out from our warehouse to the calibration institute of Intertek
- Calibration service in process at Intertek
- Creating the certificate for end user
- The device will be repacked and sent directly to the end user.
- NOTE: No track and trace will be send to the client
5. What do I receive if I choose a calibrated product at Distrelec?
After calibration is performed, you will receive an ISO 9001 certificate from Intertek, which is valid for 12 months.
This certificate is proof of your instrument’s reliability for your customers. The Intertek calibration certificates include:
- A description (model) and identification (eg. Serial no.) of the calibrated instrument.
- An identification of the calibration method (eg. A reference that calibration is performed according to the guidelines as set out in EN ISO / ISO 9001.
- The measured values detected by the calibration
- Calibration in a controlled environment measuring laboratory
6. Can I return the calibrated item if I am not satisfied with the device itself?
No. As the product is customised to your requirements, we cannot accept returns should you decide you no longer want the instrument. All orders for calibrated items are non-cancellable and non-returnable.
In the event that a calibrated product does not perform in line with the manufacturers specifications, the manufacturers normal repair and/or return and replace procedures will apply.
7. What if I don’t find the product at Distrelec with a calibration service?
If you find a product of interest without a calibration version, our customer support will be more then helpful to clarify this topic for you.
8. Can I get my instruments re-calibrated and is it necessary?
The answer for both topic is yes.
The reading and accuracy of the instruments may change over time.
Please contact our partner Intertek directly for a re-calibration of your device:
6161 RA Geleen/ Niederlande
Phone: +31 (0) 88 126 88 88