SINAMICS V20 Basic Performance Converter
From the operation of pumps, fans or compressors to the movement of conveyor belts, the engineering costs for designing and commissioning drive solutions must be kept as low as possible. This is particularly relevant in the case of basic applications, where a straightforward commissioning process contributes enormously to the economic viability of the entire drive solution.
SINAMICS V20 — Robust and cost-effective
The compact SINAMICS V20 Basic Performance Converter sets itself apart thanks to its quick commissioning times, ease of operation, robustness and cost-efficiency. This frequency converter can be operated without the need for special engineering tools — simply work directly on the converter. Thanks to these features, the SINAMICS V20 from Siemens is a recommended and economical drive solution. With seven frame sizes, it covers a power range extending from 0,12 kW to 30 kW.
SINAMICS V20 — Strengths at a glanceEasy installation
- Push-through and wall mounting — both variants can be arranged side-by-side
- Integrated USS and Modbus RTU interfaces
- Integrated braking chopper from 7,5 kW to 30 kW
- Electromagnetic compatibility (EMC) category C1/C2
- Ability to read out and clone parameters without a power supply
- Integrated connection and application macros
- Keep Running Mode allows uninterrupted operation
- Increased robustness thanks to wide voltage range, advanced cooling design and coated PCB boards
- ECO mode for V/f, V²/f, hibernation mode when in standby
- Integrated monitoring of energy and water flow in pump applications
- High overload (HO) and low overload (LO) mode for frame size FSE
- 1AC 200 V – 240 V
- 3AC 380 V – 480 V
- 0,12 kW – 30 kW
- Control modes: V/f, V²/f, FCC, V/f multi-point
SINAMICS V20 — Typical applications
SINAMICS V20 has a compact design and can be individually adapted to any particular application or user requirement thanks to various options (e.g. external BOP, connecting cable, filter, braking resistors, shielding etc.). These compact devices are suitable for industrial applications, such as pumps, fans, compressors and conveyor systems. The compact Siemens converters can also be used in residential and business environments for commercial applications such as refrigerated counters, gym equipment, ventilation systems and commercial washing machines.